Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Way Back Wednesday!

Welcome to Way Back Wednesday! This is the day of the week where I share a story form my past that's related to writing. Every Wednesday I'll be sharing something so make plans to come back! This week's story features Kathleen Givens:
 

The first time I met Kathleen Givens was at the Dreamin' in Dallas Conference many years ago. I was mostly reading Scottish historicals at the time, had read a few of hers and LOVED them all. I was also writing my own Scottish contemporary suspense (my very first suspense, which became part of my first book, Her Highland Champion). At the time of the conference, she was my favorite author and I was still pretty new to the writing world.
 
She laughed when I bowed down to her and told her I loved her writing. We chatted then and each time we ran into each other for the rest of the conference. It was the first time I really understood that famous authors were still people too.
After the conference, I continued to read her books. I also promoted her and her work as much as I could as I continued to learn more about the industry and what I wanted my part in it to be.
 
Sadly, Kathleen passed away rather suddenly in 2010. I'm sure her family and friends still miss her. I know I do, but I will always be thankful for her kindness to one giggly fan with wide eyes and a dream to follow in her footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment