Saturday, March 9, 2013

Update!

Hi, hi! It's only been a few days, but I'm already excited about the blog changes I've got going on. I've got a few people signed up for Talent Tuesdays and I'm looking forward to bringing you another section of my WIP tomorrow!

Now, for the news......

In January, I submitted a partial of 1 of my full-length stories to an epublisher with a good reputation. I sent it to the "slush pile".

This past Thursday, I stumbled upon a twitter pitching party for an epublisher new to me and, on a whim, decided to pitch 1 of my full-length stories.

Yesterday morning, I woke up to find a request for the partial of my story from a senior editor directly from that twitter pitching party.

Last night, I received a request from the epublisher I contacted in January. They thought my query was intriguing and they've requested the full manuscript.

Today, I'm pushing myself to finish up the short story, Silent Surrender, I've been trying to submit to Decadent Publishing for going on 3 months. I'm sooooooo close! I've got 13 pages of revisions, a final edit round, a final read through and then I'll be able to hit submit!

Once I submit that story, I'll be switching gears to write the rough draft of my next Honor Guard story for Decadent Publishing while I'm "technically" on spring break.

Okay, that's it for now! Have a good weekend. Check in tomorrow to read my "Section Sunday" post and then come back Monday to find out how I made out with my submission!

No comments:

Post a Comment