Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Saving The Blog!


Hello, hello! I realize I haven't been blogging much over the last few weeks and I want to talk to you about that. I always wondered why writer friends stopped blogging or blogged less once they were published. I think I've finally figured out why. There is too much to do!
 
So, I started thinking about ditching my blog. I mean, I'm already part of 2 other blogs. No one would blame me, right? But then I got to thinking about why I started blogging. It became like a virtual journal for me. Even when hardly anyone read it, I still blogged because it felt good to me and helped me deal with events in my writing (or non- writing) life.

Then I thought about trying to pull someone else in to this blog, to take away part of the pressure to keep up writing. But I really don't think I want to share. (I'm selfish that way. :P)

SO.... I came up with some new ideas:

Beginning tomorrow, I will have 3 or 4 definite posts each week. You'll be able to count on those.

Section Sunday-- This will be a snippet of my current WIP or a new book I have coming out. It'll take the place of my participation in Six Sentence Sunday.

Talent Tuesday-- This may not happen every Tuesday, but I'll definitely do it once in a while. It will be where I spotlight someone else with a talent. (If any of you reading this are interested in being spotlighted for any type of talent, send me an email and I'll get you signed up! alexa@alexabourne.com)

Way-Back Wednesday-- On this day I'll share a story of me meeting writers or going to conferences or writing as a kid. The idea is that it has to be in my past and it should relate to my writing life.

Non-Fiction Friday-- This day I'll give you information about my real world, something that's happening that influences my writing.

Then the other days I can add more blog posts if I have something else to share (like a new contract, a new cover, a new class, or a new “You Know You're a Suspense Writer When....”). Or I can leave those days blank if I don't. But at least we all know there will be something posted a few days a week. I may stick to these ideas or revise them. I'll just see how it works. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment