Friday, March 22, 2013

Non-Fiction Friday!

Welcome to Non-Fiction Friday!
 
Yesterday my day job had an activity for the staff, a chance for us to get together outside of work and hang out. I was excited because this was the first event I would be attending as an employee. I was not disappointed. 
 
We went to this place called Cafe Monet, a place where we could choose items to paint while we were there. I was excited for this for a few reasons. I was happy to get to know some of my coworkers a bit more. Believe it or not, I'm still struggling matching names and faces even though I've been there almost 3 months now. I also loved it because I got to pretend I had talent with a paintbrush.
 
After about ten minutes walking along the shelves with various artifacts to paint, I chose a tile to paint and design, something special for myself and my writing life. Then I gathered my paints and took a seat at the table with 3 (and later 4) other people. We laughed, we talked, we whined about our projects (and started over a few times!). It was a great, inexpensive treat!  
 
Once I was satisfied with my designed tile, I paid for it and left it for the studio to glaze/fire. It'll be ready Tuesday! (I'll be sure to take a picture and show you!) It may not be pretty to other people and they may ask, "What is that supposed to be?" with the few objects I tried to draw in paint, but I'm happy with it. I think because I didn't have many expectations is why I had so much fun with it!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment