Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Way Back Wednesday!

Welcome to Way Back Wednesday! I'm a busy lady, so today's post will be short.
 
In 1998 and 1999, I began blindly submitting my first romantic suspense book to agents and editors. The book was a 400 page contemporary story set in the Highlands of Scotland with 2 heroes and a heroine who couldn't really decide which one she wanted. (I knew who she ended up with, but I didn't make it clear in the story.) I had a lot of "telling" and not enough showing. One of the editors I sent it to was an editor for Harlequin American....which works with romances set in America.
 
Obviously that editor and the many other editors and agents I blindly submitted queries to rejected my story. Obviously I had no idea what I was doing. But I learned...sometimes the hard way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment