Sunday, July 31, 2011

End Of July

Hello!  Here we are at the end of July.  It's been a tough month for me, but I survived!  I finished teaching my Contests: The Basics class on Friday and tomorrow I start my Killer Openings class through Outreach International.  I'm very excited because I LOVED teaching this class in April.

I did not manage to write a complete rough draft of my 1st inspirational romantic suspense, Unbroken, but I did make significant progress on it AND my next "regular" romantic suspense,  I Dare You.  In August, I plan to put the new writing on hold (or I'll write very little) while I work on revising Tell Me No Lies.  I want that story ready for submission soon!

With my fitness challenge, I managed to attend 60 classes in the month, which is a TREMENDOUS improvement on the 16 I usually do in a good month.  My weight has fluctuated a bit so I'm only down about 9, 10lbs at the moment, but I'm not discouraged.  I feel so much better, I know I'm gaining muscle and I have every intention of keeping up with my exercise...just not 60 classes in a month!

I've been doing some freelancing work and I have quotes out for more.  I'm really hoping I can start getting something steady with that.  Feel free to visit the website of the company I'm working with, CK Tutoring.  And please keep it in mind if you hear of anyone needing help with writing, editing, brainstorming, etc.

Tomorrow I start a temporary job in an office with a friend.  It's full-time for about a week and a half and then part-time I think while they decide if they need to make it a permanent position.  Either way, it's work and pay for me.  If I don't end up staying, it'll at least end around the time that I can start substitute teaching again.

Okay, I'm off to read Laura Griffin's short story now and later today I'm going to see Harry Potter!  Ron's always been my favorite character.  It'll be so sad to see them all for the last time!

4 comments:

  1. Nine or ten pounds is fabulous! Go you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Best of Romance Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Deirdra! Sometimes it feels like I'm all alone on here! LOL!

    ReplyDelete