Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Editor

I got an email tonight from my content editor! Yay! I'll likely get my revisions the week between Christmas and 2012, which will be perfect since I won't be subbing. In the email, my editor (yes, I'll be saying that A LOT!!!) explained the editorial process in a bit more detail.

I'm thrilled with this email because it starts pulling me out of my limbo. Now I have a direction. I have this week to finish the rough draft of the next novella, I'll have revisions to do next week (and beyond, if needed) and then I'll get an idea of when the book will be released.

(And really, it's only been 3 weeks since I first got the email offering me a contract, 2 weeks since I sent the book in after my Pre-edits. I know the people at Decadent have A LOT of other work to do, so I need to remember that my turn will come when it's supposed to come. I know, I know. Reeeeelaaaax, Lexi!)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your contract, and welcome to Decadent! My debut release date is Jan 6th for my YA novel, The Keeper.

    You are at the fun elated stage, I am at the hair pulling out stage trying to get things set up for the release. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Natalie! Congrats on your Jan 6th release! I look forward to working through this debut novelist stage with you!

    ReplyDelete