Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Way Back Wednesday!

Welcome back for Way Back Wednesday!
 
In 2010, I quit my teaching job. I thought I was doing the right thing. I expected to be under employed for a while and then I thought I'd find the perfect place for me to be. I didn't intend to teach. I wasn't sure what I wanted.
 
I had a lot of "growing up" to do.
 
Yesterday I signed a contract to teach 6th grade English (my favorite grade) for the 2013-2014 school year. I'm officially a salaried employee again. Or at least I will be come August. To say I'm thrilled is an understatement. I'm pretty sure teaching is where I'm meant to be. I'm in an environment that is supportive with so much to look forward to.
 
Many people will say I was stupid to do what I did (quitting without a job to go to), but you know what? I don't. I needed that change. It was the right decision for me at the time with what I knew. Yes, I would quit again if I had a chance to relive the last 3 years, but I would plan better, though.
 
Now, I feel I'm come full circle. I'm smarter, in that I know so much more about myself now. My gutsy, crazy decision in the summer of 2010 has done a lot for me as a writer, a human and as a woman. And THAT is a treasure I wouldn't trade for the world.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment