Saturday, April 14, 2012

Help! I'm Drowning!

There's nothing drastic happening, but I am going through some new and odd emotions and I thought I'd share. I have 2 books out on submission and I'm getting a little antsy. A friend tells me not to worry about the submission to my publisher because she says they'll probably take novella #2, but I'm the type that needs the confirmation before I can get excited. I've been in situations over the years when I got my hopes up and then got crushed under a big, heavy publishing boot. I don't ever want to feel that again. The other submission was requested and it's now been over 10 months.I would love a YES, of course, but at this point I just want an answer.

Then there is the requested partial I STILL have not finished. I love the story, love the characters, but I can't get motivated to finish the partial and make it the best it can be. Part of me thinks it's all irrational fear that it will be crappy and get a rejection, part of me thinks I should forget it since it was requested 2 months ago, and part of me wants to give myself a deadline for it.

This has gotten me thinking about deadlines. I technically don't have any. I had minor deadlines for revisions with Champion, but they were easy. I'm a little curious how I'll handle real deadlines when they start coming up.

Okay, off to figure out my plans for the day. I'll get my new-to-me laptop today! YAY! I'm watching soccer, have some letters to write, errands to run and then I'm going to work on the partial again. No, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment