Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Note to Aspiring Authors

Folks, I just want to go on record and tell you that promo work is fun but VERY TIME CONSUMING! I don't know if it's because I'm totally new to all this so I'm still figuring out what works and doesn't work for me or if promo work is always like this. I thought, before I sold, that I understood because I've had several published friends talk to me about it. BUT I was not prepared.

If it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not. I wouldn't give this up for the world and I look forward to finding what works for me. I'm just stating the fact that it's a lot different than I thought it was. So, be prepared!

4 comments:

  1. Hell yeah, sister. It's a ton of work and you can get pretty lost in it. Welcome to the life of a published author!! Isn't it great? (and I do mean that in all seriousness)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I can say, it caught me off-guard, too. SO much work. But after several releases, I can definitely see that the more work you do, the more it pays off. :) Congratulations, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camryn, that's good to know since I'm sitting here oging, "But will this make a difference?" Some things I'm doing just because I want to. If they work in favor of getting me followers or readers then great. That would just be the icing on the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete