Thursday, March 24, 2011

T Minus....

How many hours until RWA Golden Heart and Rita finalists are called?  Too many.  And not enough.

I say too many hours remain because my stomach has been in knots for almost a week now, with the knots getting tighter as each day passes.  I say not enough because right now there is hope for all of us who entered.  I can dream of my phone ringing and the magic words of the RWA representative flowing into my ear.  

Early tomorrow morning, the calls will go out to those writers lucky enough to final in these two contests.  For those people, their lives will change.  They will be whisked away into a fairy tale of recognition and celebration.

I entered the Golden Heart again this year.  I would love to final, of course.  I will survive if I don't.  In the end, all that matters is the book I'm currently working on, the one that's better than the last, the one that might move me from unpublished to published, the one that might make me ineligible for the Golden Heart next year.

To all of you who entered either contest, good luck!  I will be watching and rooting for you!

1 comment: