Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Stuff

Well, my part time job will be ending between now and the end of the month. While I'm sad about that, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work there for as long as I have. I'm already scheduled to be a substitute teacher so I can go back to doing that, but of course I'd rather get out of it. I'm spending more time each day now looking for a job when I really wish I could be spending that time on my writing.

Tomorrow marks 10 weeks since I sent my requested manuscript to the editor. I'm really trying not to think about it. Heaven knows I've got enough to think about!

I did manage to get my butt in gear and start back on the revisions (from 1 of my CPs) for Tell Me No Lies. I swear the revisions (so far- in the 1st 5 chapters) aren't earth-shatteringly difficult so I really should be done with them soon. But I REALLY, REALLY want to be done with it all by October so I can focus on the current works in progress. (Of course, if an agent or editor has some other plan in mind for me, that would totally be okay!).

Speaking of an agent, I submitted a query to an agent after she requested them on Twitter. The response time is 2-4 weeks. It's only been 1. I don't spend a lot of time searching for agents because technically I don't need one to submit and sell to Harlequin, but since this woman requested them and I like her, I thought, "Why not?" Plus, I plan to make writing my career and it will be wonderful to have someone else to discuss that with.

I'm now reading The King of Lies by John Hart. I LOVE this guy's writing! I have only read 1 of his books so far, but I have 3 of his 4 (the newest just came out in hardback). I bought the first one I read, Down River, on a whim with a gift card. I actually kept looking at it, putting it back on the shelf, looking at it, putting it back. I went to shop in the romance section and all I could think about was this book so I went back and got it.

Oooh! I almost forgot! Next Tuesday is the start of the Mills & Boon New Voices Contest! I can't wait! I'm sure I'll blog about that in the next couple of days too so stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you the absolute best with your New Voices entry! I'm looking forward to reading as many of the first chapter posts as possible.

    Good luck with your requested manuscript!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aimee! And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete