Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scottish Highlands & Sexy Scotsmen!

This past Saturday I finished the rough draft of my contemporary Scottish suspense novella, Her Highland Champion. When I started working on the 2nd draft Sunday, I panicked a little because I thought I started to see that a lot more work needed to be done on it before I could submit it and I was hoping to send it off in about a week.Today I started playing with the scenes that were frustrating me and I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! I was trying to keep the events in the order and location that I had them instead of letting the characters guide me through their story. Just because I created these characters well over 10 years ago doesn't mean I know what's best for their new (and better) story. So, I tossed out some more "favorite" scenes, started working with my characters and you know what? It's all flowing again! Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to submit it as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment