Saturday, January 22, 2011

Searching For The Silver Lining

Yesterday I read the first of the Golden Heart entries I have to judge.  It was....interesting.  Because I've been at this writing thing for so long and I've had a chance to learn quite a bit, I am now able to understand more of what an editor sees when he or she picks up a potential manuscript.  And this first one hurt.  (Probably much like my first few manuscripts!)  But how wonderful of this writer and so many others willing to put their work out there!  For that alone, everyone should be commended!  A person can't get published if she writes a book, shares it with friends who say, "Great job!" and then stuffs the it under the bed.  So congratulations to everyone brave enough to submit a manuscript to any contest!     

No comments:

Post a Comment