Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year's Eve in Edinburgh- Part I

This day was December 31st.  The skies were clear, but it was still cool and a bit windy.  We all slept late in preparation for the festivities later that night.  While a couple of people in our group went to 
the National Museum of Scotland, the rest of us went to the Winter Wonderland down in 
the Gardens.  They had rides, a skating rink, food stalls and stalls for selling things such as hats, gloves, and other goodies.  

We decided to go on the ferris wheel, which was amazing because I'm afraid of heights!  But I was the one who suggested it.  The wind became vicious up at the top...

...but the views were absolutely fantastic.



After our ride, we needed something to warm us up.  So we had mulled wine.  I'd never had that before.  It was good, but I think I'll stick to my pints.

We walked around a bit more, I got a sausage roll (LOVE the sausage there!) and then we found a pub with some room where we had a drink.  We practically had to run to get the table!  When we were leaving, a couple came up to us and the man asked if we were leaving.  When we said yes, he gave each of us girls a kiss on the cheek, shook our hands and wished us a Happy New Year.
 
Next, I'll share some other pics from this day and the details of our time at 2010-2011 Garden Party.

7 comments:

  1. Great pics!!! What a beautiful day that was. Looks cold though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, wonderful pictures, Alexa. My spirit was there with you even though I wasn't!
    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your photos are such fun, Alexa. Sure wish I was there with you but since not, the sharing of your photos is second best. So, so glad you had such a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, this looks so fun. But I have to say, I hate mulled wine. :-) Do love me some sausage rolls, though. It looks like you had SUCH a good time!! :-)

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great, so festive. Fabulous pictures, especially from the top of the ferris wheel. Glad you were brave enough to go up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, it wasn't as cold as I thought it would...except at the top of the ferris wheel!

    Donna, my heart is still in Edinburgh!

    Paisley & Tracy, glad you're enjoying the pics.

    Becca, I had to restrain myself from going into Gregg's for more sausage rolls!

    Pat, I try not to let my fears stop me from doing something I know I'll love!

    ReplyDelete