Sunday, January 20, 2013

Six Sentence Sunday!

Welcome to my snippet for Six Sentence Sunday! You can find other participants here.
This week I'm sharing a snippet from my current work in progress, Silent Surrender. I'm hoping to get a HUGE chunk of work done on it this coming week so that I can submit it to my epublisher by the end of January. This is a short, contemporary romance set in the Scottish Highlands. If you read my first book, Her Highland Champion, you'll recognize the setting and some of the characters. The heroine in this story is Meggie MacDougall who works part of the time in the family pub and part of the time in the B & B from that first story. Here's the really, really unofficial blurb for this story so far:
To Quinn O'Connell, working as a football coach meant everything to him until a chance encounter with vacationing Highland lass Meggie MacDougall showed him just how to live.
Well? What do you think? Yeah, I know, the blurb's not that great, but I'm pretty happy with my six sentences. See if you agree!
He'd come to find a woman, but he'd bought the train ticket before he could think this plan through. What if she didn't remember their wild, sex-filled weekend when she'd come to Dublin? No, that wasn't likely. He had enough faith in his ability to charm and satisfy a woman, but what if she didn't want to see him? That was entirely possible, but he wouldn't let it discourage him. The bottom line was he'd come for Meggie and Quinn was used to getting what he wanted.

6 comments:

  1. Great show of his internal struggle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not love a man who knows what he wants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a man who squashes his internal questions with a healthy dose of confidence! Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! Yeah, I'm kinda loving Quinn and all he's going through to get Meggie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I yeah, I like, a lot more than like. I smell some fun conflict ahead. Fabulous 6, Alexa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like he's not taking no for an answer. I wonder how she will respond to this? Of course, with that weekend in Dublin as history, he might not have to worry too much. Great six!

    ReplyDelete